Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July


We're in Mississippi at my parents' house. The boys have been having a blast with my brother. We saw Mammaw and Pappaw today and my uncle D. I took the boys to Wal Mart and they bought a few Pokemon cards. Why, oh why, do I let them do that? Anyway, I guess it's fine.

Curly had an extremely difficult time going to sleep tonight. Actually, he went to sleep easily around 8 p.m. but awoke suddenly about an hour later and was inconsolable. Finally he crashed back out around 11 p.m. I guess. I actually fell asleep with him in the recliner for a while so I don't know when he actually went to sleep. I hope I don't wake him when I get into bed. He's on a nice little soft pallet on the floor.

We will probably try to get Larry a cake for his birthday either tomorrow or Sunday. He will turn eight years old in ten days. I remember July 4th, 2001. I was home alone while Big Stooge had Moe out of town for a family reunion. I was due with Larry any minute and therefore wouldn't make the trip. (I think I was really due on 7/24 and nobody wanted to believe I might go into labor early but I wasn't taking the chance). I sat on my back patio (actually it was the neighbor's patio but nobody lived in that apartment at the time) in the rain and watched the local fireworks display and hoped that I wouldn't go into labor early. I didn't obviously, luckily for me. Can't believe that was eight years ago. My little Larry is growing up. They all are.

Hope your celebration is decked in red, white, and blue. Thanks to all my fellow Americans in the service. I appreciate what you do and have done for me! God bless America!

No comments: