Thursday, December 11, 2008

Welcome to December, Part two

We took the boys to the zoo this week. It was Curly's first trip. It was 75 degrees outside. How weird. And now the forecast is for snow. Non-accumulating snow but snow nonetheless. We let our membership expire when the older two boys seemed to lose interest and we got busy with other things. But we mentioned to grandparents that we'd like to start going again especially now that we have Curly. They obliged with an early Christmas present so we went. The bigger boys were so excited and we were reassured that we made a good choice. Curly enjoyed his time there so much that he was completely worn out by the time we left. I am sure we will go back soon.









I can't believe it's only two weeks until Christmas. I have done NO shopping. My children have really not asked for anything this year (how refreshing!) and that means I have no idea what to get them. Not that they need a single thing. In fact, I think this year I may buy gifts/necessities for other people's children and tell my own that their own gifts were donated to needy children. In fact, I don't really think they'd even notice the difference. I know they will be getting gifts from other family members anyway. So, maybe one thing for each child from Daddy and me and whatever Santa brings. I hope Santa is listening. Think small, Santa. Minimize. Simplify. That's my new mantra.
Anyway, we did manage to visit Santa at the mall this year and get photos made with each boy. In fact, I think I may have mentioned that we saw Santa at the Peabody in Little Rock over Thanksgiving as well. So I guess we made up for last year's non-photo by having Santa pix made twice this year. Sure, I'll tell myself that. Sounds good.
We are waiting out the days until Christmas holidays. Then in January comes the big change. I will be starting back to work at Day School in the 2K but will go back as a Monday through Friday teacher instead of MWF. I think it will be good. I hope so. Curly will be down the hall in the nursery and I love, love, LOVE, his teachers. This will be a new "thing" for me, however, as Moe and Larry didn't start school until they were two years old. I know we can handle it. It's a necessity for now and as I always have said, "I can do ANYTHING for a few months."

So, in case I don't get to post again for a while, Merry Christmas to all and please remember the real reason for our celebration: The birth of Christ the Lord who has made it possible by his death on the cross at Calvary for us all to be reconciled to God. Thank you, Jesus, and Happy birthday!

No comments: