Monday, December 29, 2008

A Little Challenge

The past day or two have been a little challenging. We have all been slightly under the weather. My throat has been scratchy but not exactly sore but yesterday I felt like I could never quite wake up. I actually did sleep a good portion of the day, as did Curly. I can tell he doesn't feel well. His eyes have been goopy most of the time we've been here but it would get better and then get worse. Nothing was ever very bad so I was waiting to see what would happen. He had the same problem at Thanksgiving and we got antibiotic drops. But I didn't bring those with from Alabama. I called yesterday and got his doctor's office to call in a refill and we've been using those. Also, he's run a slight fever off and on for the past couple of days and he's congested. I don't think he was awake more than about three hours all of yesterday. He'd wake up briefly, eat briefly and then go right back to sleep. No muss, no fuss. And THAT is totally not like him. Fighting sleep is the name of his game usually. So, today he's obviously feeling somewhat better or at least different because it's been the opposite of yesterday. He hasn't slept much at all until about an hour ago. He was refusing to nurse but acting very tired and of course, crying makes the congestion that much worse. He finally kept in the pacifier long enough to get still and fell asleep on my chest. I fell asleep, too and we rested nicely in Poppa's chair. I got up about fifteen minutes ago and managed to execute a transfer to the couch where he still seems to be resting nicely.

I think we'll be heading home tomorrow. Moe has a doctor's appointment on New Year's Eve day and I don't even know when that is. I think Wednesday and I think today is Monday. It's definitely hard to keep up. We need to transition back to school hours and routine because we all start back on January 5. All of us. Even Curly. I hope that doesn't prove to be more of a challenge than the past two days. Anyway, check out this cute video of Curly playing with the toy he got for Christmas. He's making the lights and music go with his feet. This was during a brief period of time this afternoon before he decided his world was coming to an end, pre-nap.

No comments: