Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

Happy New Year. Today was a beautiful day outside with temperatures in the comfortable-with-a-light-jacket range. The dismal, gray winter look was put on hold and the skies were blue with slight wispy white clouds. Not that we took advantage of it until late this afternoon. In fact, we mostly slept in because we all stayed up late to ring in the new year. The boys enjoyed watching the ball drop but what got their attention even more was some sports thing where some crazy stunt guy jumped on top of a building on a motorcycle and then dropped from the roof on the same cycle. But the clincher and the thing they HAD to have me watch was when the guy broke his hand in the freefall and blood was gushing out. Now that's the way to ring in the new year!

Larry came flying into my room at a few minutes past eleven shouting, "Happy new year, Mommy, happy new year! The ball dropped in New York so it's happy new year!" I didn't have the heart to tell him New York is an hour ahead of us and our new year wasn't started yet. Apparently he already knew though b/c he and Moe just had to stay up until midnight. Then Curly woke up at 1:30 something and then again at 4:30 something. Whatever happened to the few times around Thanksgiving that he slept for eight or nine hours straight at night? Granted he hasn't been feeling well for the past few days and sleep isn't exactly what he wants most of the time.

So well, this day has been a real struggle for me because of my bad habits. I have been trying to avoid sweets and soda. I am feeling my sugar addiction tempting, tempting me to go ahead and just have a little. So far, I have held off...mostly. At lunch/dinner I did have two sugar free chocolate chip cookies with just the tiniest bit of whipped cream for dessert and I ate good veggies and no fried stuff. Hopefully I can begin a new way of life with food and get some of this weight off. Don't hold your breath. I am taking it one minute at a time.

No comments: