Sunday, April 5, 2009

Oh the blessing

I am so proud of my boys. For all the crap they put me through on a daily basis, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Moe and Larry are really growing up. They've become obssessed with Paul Simon. Whenever they ride in Big Stooge's (borrowed) car, they crank up the PS way loud on the CD player. And yesterday they had it playing all afternoon as they drew their comic book in our room. So, this a.m. while Curly and I still slept, Larry put on the PS and shut the door and just lay and listened until we woke up. For clarification, Moe was spending the night at a friend's and Big Stooge was not home. We've been mostly sleeping in the guest room for reasons unknown for the past few weeks so Larry was sleeping in "our" room. But Larry had the presence of mind to close himself off so as not to awaken Curly and me. I was blessed by his thoughtfulness although I always knew he had it in him. Guess it doesn't always have a chance to break through when he's in survival mode with big brother, Moe.

Love you, Larry! You're a great man

No comments: